An annoying problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computechman

Ok so this isn't a serious problem but it is a pain in the @zz.

I am having a problem with Windows Explorer, when ever I customize a folder it returns to the default setting of icon display. I have double checked and the option for remembering folder view is selected, but to no avail.

Maybe I am missing something and I am hopiing that someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance

have you checked the settings in the system properties folder view? that will override local settings.

computechman

ok so its been a long day with no coffee, can you please explain the setting you described

I hate the icon view so when setting up a computer I always go to the Tools, Folder Options, View tab and click on "Apply to all folders". This will set all your folders to the list view of your choice (just make sure it is set that way before you click the button). From there I change individual folders (picture ones, etc) as needed.

Hope this helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online