1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

An application to move large data from Excel to Word

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by 1963jag, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1963jag

1963jag Thread Starter

I am looking for an application that can move large amounts of data from an Excel file to a Word document without me having to do ANY coding. I'm not a programmer.
    In addition, I need a database to hold the data for future use.
    Any input is appreciated as I am starting from ground zero.

Your comments and questions are welcomed.

2. Sponsor

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Good luck with that!!

4. 1963jag

1963jag Thread Starter

Dave are you being sarcastic just for the fun of it or are you saying it can't be done?
    If you are not going to be helpful in any way, maybe just keep your negativity to your lonely little self as it serves the world no purpose.

5. DaveBurnett

I'm saying it cannot be done without you doing any work.
    Us in the real world don't expect magic!!

6. 1963jag

1963jag Thread Starter

I understand Dave. But may I point out that I clearly state in my question, "I am not a programmer". I am looking for one.
    Have a good holiday Dave.

7. draceplace

draceplace

My lonely little self has the same answer. Its one thing to ask for help on a specific issue, its another to expect free development on a project that has no specs. Us programmer types like to be told specifically what to do.

That said, it will be easier to put you excel data in a database then make a document from there. Got MS Access?

Let this thread die unless you want to program a little.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  8. DaveBurnett

Most modern data manipulation software is designed to be used by untrained users.
    You won't get the best solution, but at least it will be what you think you wanted.

I'm not being facetious here, but in the majority of cases what untrained people think they want is not what they need when it comes to software.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1162253