1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

an easy questition

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by ANISPINGO, Dec 14, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ANISPINGO

ANISPINGO Thread Starter

hi guys,
    this may seem like an easy questition but i`d like to know it`s answer anyway ....... so what will i gain from a web hosting site that provide front page extention support .....does it all that i can run forms managed and handled by frontpage on their server? or there`re somethings else?

thanx all

2. angel

angel

Being that I really don't know anything on this subject, I did some searching. This info may not be as detailed as you were looking for but it should do until someone with knowledge in this area wanders by.

<b>What are Frontpage Extensions?</b>
    Frontpage extensions are small programs that run on a website and allow the Microsoft Frontpage client to transfer data and files back and forth. They also provide special functionality that works hand in hand with the scripts you can easily add to your website through Frontpage such as the Frontpage Discussion Forums.

<b>Do I need FrontPage extensions?</b>
    If you are planning to design and publish your site using the Microsoft FrontPage 98/2000 you will need FrontPage extensions installed on your account. If you are using any other design package then you do not need FrontPage extensions.

3. Talismanic

Talismanic

If you are using components inside of FrontPage, like for instance form handling you will need a host that uses the FP extensions. The majority of Windows servers do so you shouldnÂ’t have a problem finding one.

If you want to get serious about web development you may want to learn some server side scripting like ASP. Basically the extensions allow you to do "some" server side scripting without knowing anything about it. FP creates the pseudo code automatically and then handles the execution of said code.

4. ANISPINGO

ANISPINGO Thread Starter

ok, thank u very much about these words but talking about ASP , do u suggest any site in teaching that ? thank u again...:)

5. Talismanic

Talismanic

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice