An error has occurred in the Microsoft Excel translator

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

r49miner

The internet provider recently quit supporting a mail server. I bought Office 2003 and am using Outlook 2003 as my mail now. However all my addresses and files are still at the old mail server. I have tried to import my address book but get an error message.

An error has occurred in the Microsoft Excel translator while
getting contents of a file system.

The Microsoft Excel file
"C:-\User\Chuck\Desktop\Addresses\WLMCContacts.xls" has no
named ranges. Use Microsoft Excel to name the range of data
you want to import.

I have searched for answers and have no clue as how to work what the text suggest. I have no idea how to work in Excel and until four days ago have never even opened it.. What I have read makes no sense to me or my wife. Not being the sharpest knife in the drawer, I need to do something step by step and usually have a picture of what needs to be done. Trying to make heads or tails of what I have seen for solutions is even more confusing. So if someone out there has a lot of patience or has a lot of pictures as how to Import my address book and files, it sure would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

r49miner

Having never posted a question here before I am not sure if My system will post twice.

using Windows 7 professional
office 2003
ZT AFFINITY 7613MI DESKTP‏
Intel® Core™ i7-2600 Processor (3.40GHz)
Intel® H67 Express Chipset
16GB DDR3 Memory
Drives:
2TB SATA II Hard Drive
22x DVD±RW Drive
Front Panel 19-in-1 digital multimedia card reader
Graphics:
EVGA 01G-P3-1556-KR NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti Video Card - 1GB GDDR510/100/1000 Mb/s LAN
Audio:
10 (7.1+2) channel Intel® High Definition Audio
Keyboard & Mouse:
Wireless Keyboard
Wireless Mouse
Expandability (total bays/slots):
2 x 5.25" external (1 occupied)
1 x 3.5" external (1 occupied)
4 x 3.5" internal (1 occupied)
2 x PCIe x1
1x PCIex16
Ports:
DVI-I+HDMI display output
6 x USB 2.0 ports (2 Front, 4 Rear)
2 x USB 3.0 ports
5 x Audio ports
1 x RJ-45 network port
Additional Information:
· Dimensions: (HxWxD): 13.9" x 7.1" x 16.9" (approx.)
· Power supply: 600W

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online