An Excel Questions

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

overdrawnprocess

Is there any way to have a date count down?

Like I want one of the fields to be a value that keeps going down as it reaches a date. Such as if the date was Oct 17 today it's 8 and tomorrow it's 7 because it adjusted for the date. I don't know if that possible though.

cwwozniak

Chuck
An easy way is to use one cell to store the target date (10/17/2008). If you put the target date in cell B1 and want the countdown in cell B2, the formula to put in cell B2 would be:

Code:
=B1-TODAY()
Format cell B2 to be a number with zero decimal places

If you don't wish to use a separate cell for the target date, you can put this formula in B2

Code:
=39738-TODAY()
Where October 17, 2008 is the 39,738th day since day 1 of January 1, 1900

I used this macro for the attached file

Sub Macro1() Do PauseTime = 1 ' Set duration. Start = Timer ' Set start time. Do While Timer < Start + PauseTime DoEvents ' Yield to other processes. Loop Range("B2:B9").Calculate Loop End Sub

Also used formula for time and date.

Pedro

Attachments

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online