Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

An Interesting Question About Newegg

3K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  JohnWill 
#1 ·
Hi,
I was just wondering if there is an option in Newegg that makes all of the things in your cart get shipped the same day. For example, is there a way to make everything arrive on the same day, or at least get shipped on the same day?

Thanks,
Van

#2 ·
vhab said:
Hi,
I was just wondering if there is an option in Newegg that makes all of the things in your cart get shipped the same day. For example, is there a way to make everything arrive on the same day, or at least get shipped on the same day?

Thanks,
Van
Only it if all ships from the same place. NewEgg has several different distribution warehouses and depending on what you order, it may come from different warehouses. I live about 20 miles from their headquarters and warehouse in California--I've done orders where I got some things the next day (because they came from California) and the rest of the order a few days later because it came from back east.

Call newegg and find out where your products originate and then separate them into orders that come from the same warehouse.

I moved this to hardware--that's where most of the Newegg knowledgeable people are.

#3 ·
I wouldnt want to mess with an order, let newegg do its thing unmolested, so what if the orders are a day or two appart.

#4 ·
If you order early in the day before 10:00 or so, it will ship that day. Once it ships, it really is in the hands of FedEx or UPS as to when you receive it. There is an option for next day under shipping, however it does cost more. All in all newegg does a very good job with shipping / customer service.

#5 ·
Okay, thanks.
Another thing, when things come in from Newegg, are they in some sort of cardboard or envelope? For example, if I buy game, will it just ship the game in shrink wrap, or will the game in shrink wrap be in some sort of envelope or card board. The same for anything, is there always some sort of external card board or envelope besides the one provided by the actual manufacturer?

Thanks,
Van

#6 ·
It depends on what you get. Most of the stuff I get from Newegg are in a box with padding. I think only large items like LCD screens came in the original box with a label on it.

#8 ·
Many of NewEgg's shipments come from somewhere close, because I get 1 day service about 1/2 the time, even though it's quoted as their 3 day service.

#11 ·
the thing i hate is if i get something from NJ, it goes right by me on the thruway near Rochester, 75 miles west to Buffalo 1st, then has to come all the way back, whats with that? We have a big UPS warehouse right near the thruway, anyway just irritating is all.

#12 ·
Same with me

It runs right through Berkshire County (There's a warehouse in Pittsfield, MA that it goes right by-that's its final destination!) all the way out to Shrewsbury, then back to Pittsfield.

If they didn't do that I could have everything a day or two sooner!

#13 ·
JStergis said:
Same with me

It runs right through Berkshire County (There's a warehouse in Pittsfield, MA that it goes right by-that's its final destination!) all the way out to Shrewsbury, then back to Pittsfield.

If they didn't do that I could have everything a day or two sooner!
exactly, i mean, what do i have to do?, move to buffalo?:rolleyes:

#14 ·
I live in Birmingham, Alabama. I ordered two USB flash memory sticks at 8:59 PM this past Monday. I know the exact time because I have a time-stamped PDF of the order page. It arrived at about 3:00 PM on Wednesday, 42 hours later. The return address was Whittier, California and the delivery method was marked UPS Ground.

Usually, that is a five business day delivery, seven days counting the weekend. I was a parcelman at UPS Atlanta, Georgia years ago and we used to finish filling air gondolas with ground packages so as not to waste resources air-hauling a partially-full gondola.

Some of my NewEgg shipments come from New Jersey, some from Nashville and some from California and there is no predicting when it will arrive. I just expect it in a week and if it gets here sooner, okay.

#16 ·
crjdriver said:
If you order early in the day before 10:00 or so, it will ship that day. Once it ships, it really is in the hands of FedEx or UPS as to when you receive it. There is an option for next day under shipping, however it does cost more. All in all newegg does a very good job with shipping / customer service.
Many of you may not be aware of this, but if you open a Newegg charge account you get order priority which is usually a $2.99 charge(complimentary) for immediate delivery and a 1.1% discount as well.

#17 ·
Rich-M said:
Many of you may not be aware of this, but if you open a Newegg charge account you get order priority which is usually a $2.99 charge(complimentary) for immediate delivery and a 1.1% discount as well.
curses, everthing is politics;) so, ya grease a couple of palms and maybe they make that right turn north to Rochester, instead of just driving by, thumbing their nose at me.:D

#19 ·
Rich-M said:
Of course, my deliveries with NewEgg have been good enough that I don't need the priority service. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.