An issue with Displayport and HDMI, but not DVI

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JaPar9519

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20191001154106.000000-300
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 16
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (60 GB Free); D: 1862 GB (474 GB Free);
Motherboard: Asus PRIME B450M-A, ver Rev X.0x, s/n 190448238100270
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n ET8900-4671
Antivirus: Norton Security Ultra, Enabled and Updated
700w 80+ bronze PSU.

Hello everyone,
the issue that I am having has spanned across two separate GPU's and I've tried everything that I know to try.
I'm an aspiring tech so this has been quite frustrating.
I had a XFX RX580x that came with this PC. I did quite of bit of what was seemingly stable overclocking. I was running my main display monitor on Displayport and my secondary which is my tv on HDMI.
Both screens went black and I could not get anything on boot. I tried different known good cords on both ports, and tried the other connection which is DVI and could not get it to work either. I looked at all ports on the gpu and related displays and found no visible damage whatsoever. I reinstalled the card after checking pins and my PCIe x16 slot. This was cross checked with all of the cords that I had that were applicable to other devices in my house. The only thing that was seemingly bad was the 580.
I swapped to my current card which is my EVGA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti. When first doing the swap, I attempted Displayport first, which game me 0 feedback, HDMI second with same results. Lastly, I tried DVI which worked perfectly.
This begs to question now, what else in my system could cause two out of three display types to stop working?
I've been considering buying a new Motherboard to fix the issue, but would like some feedback first.
This system has no other known errors. RAM functions consistently, CPU is ran in precision boost overdrive and has never seen temps above 70, and current GPU is overclocked constantly and never passing 80 degrees. Case is pretty much dust free and gets cleaned monthly.

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated before I just replace this motherboard.

Oddba11

Jim
First step when troubleshooting after OCing, restore the BIOS back to default (ie: remove the OC).

The motherboard won't affect which outputs function on the video card. If any output works, then the video card is getting and processing video. If a port isn't working, that port is generally faulty.

Restore everything back to default, and redo your testing to see what is working/not working.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online