An unspecified error has occured

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

wing3draw

Hi, here is my problem, hope you will be able to help me with it.

Recently when my computer boots, chkdsk starts running automatically. Thats ok. It does step 1 0f 3, great, does 2 of 3, however when it is doing step 3 of 3 its freezes at some percent over 50% and gives the following error:

"An Unspecified error has occured"

NOw everytime i reeboot my computer chkdsk runs and the same error occurs. I need chksdsk to complete its check because i dont want chkdsk to run at the beggining of every reboot (it takes to long)

Also because of chkdsk running on reboot, i cannot defrag my computer as chkdsk has exclusives rights to my hard drive at the moment

Can someone help me finish the disk check or some how disable chkdsk from loading on reboot.

Thank YOU

Hi,if any disk tool hangs I boot into safe mode & run it.Have never run Chkdsk as it's
not preferred by windows,if you can't run it in "safe" try scandisk as it's the default.,
& does the same task.Usually only runs at bootup if shutdown hasn't been regular.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online