And... KOTOR (rare?) game problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jlb1987

On top of black and white, I also bought KOTOR. I installed it fine, and played it fine. Until I got to tattoine. I was on my way to the sand people's base to sort out their leader, when I got outside the base (which, I add with haste, was only being defended by a couple of sand people and a few rubbish turrets) when it said that my party were all dead. "Hmm, strange", I thought. I loaded up my last save, and tried again. When I got outside the sand people's base, once again, my party was allegedly dead. The thing is they wern't dead. I'm assuming someone else has had this problem- what can I do to fix it?

Couriant

James
Yup. they are dead. Once the last surviving member is dead, the screen stops and you get that message.

To enter into the grounds you need to wear the sand peoples clothes or they will shoot you down on site (hence the Your party is dead, the turrets take only one hit to kill you). Also I would suggest that you take the droid with you (the assassin droid not TM-43) so he can communicate with the leader. Or if you want to kill all of them, don't take the droid.

jlb1987

I haven't tried it yet, but thank you so much, Tidus. That makes sense to an extent... I did try taking just one character to the entrance in solo mode, and even though the others were miles away, it still said the party had died. But that's probably just a small bug.

And I'm on the darkside, so I think I'll kill 'em all, I think... thanks for the advice though. You are a legend.

Couriant

James
No, that's because you went solo. If you are the only one in your party then you lose... :D

I tried to do the right thing by talking to the master, but I somehow got dark points and they attacked me so I killed them all :evil grin: but my light points were still maxed or close to so. :))

jlb1987

I have a motto... Stand in my way, and you'll feel the wrath of my force choke (tm)

Couriant

James
... unless it's a turret then you will feel the force.... literally :)

jlb1987

ha... yea, i found that out the hardest way possible... another question concerning tattoine- where do I get the piece of the star forge map on tattoine? I know this isn't tech related, but you seem like you're in the know. I've killed the sand people leader, and I've just bought the cyborg assasin, and I've done all the racers (tier 1,2 and 3- I guess that's it on tattoine). I'm not sure where I'm meant to go now to get the star forge. Also, how do I get rid of those little critters on my spaceship? the ones that keep coming back when you kill them? Sorry if i'm being annoying, by the way...

Couriant

James
no not at all.. Have you been to the waterworld? There's a npc there that wants exotic speices. I haven't tried it yet, but he may be able to take them. If not there is a shop in tattoine that sells the injections to kill them.

For the star forge, I think i messed up on that one. I think that if you exit to the ship, someone will recognise Bastilla. She will tell you to go to the bar (not spoiling anything :D) Then you will go to the cave where the star forge is. I think I messed up because i did the cave first.

Hey I love that game!! Hvae you played KOTOR 2?? And are you talking about Tatooine Tidus?

jlb1987

EVERYONE should love KOTOR. while I am a massive fan of more hardcore rpg's such as Morrowind and fallout, both are quite open ended, KOTOR is almost as good as both, despite being linear. Sure, I was dissapointed at first- I thought this was going to be a prettier Baldurs gate. It cerainly isn't but it is still excellent.

Ahem. Anyway, yea, thanks, both are exactly right- I've done both things now, and foughts good ol' darth what-ever-his-name-is and found out I'm *****. (not the most subtle way to cover a spoiler but hey, I'm sorry!)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts