1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Android 4.0.3

Discussion in 'Android Phones and Tablets' started by staticelec, Jul 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. staticelec

staticelec Thread Starter

good day

i wonder if anyone can help me out here

i got myself a samsung p1000 7 inch

i have got android 4.0.3 on and installed it using the crm. i downloaded the 4.0.3 rom and it upgraded the firmware fine. but i am having issues with the play store.... the thing keeps crashing and when i go into the settings it crashes on some of the settings.... saying "unfortunately settings has stopped". now i would like to know if there is an official android 4.0.3 download that is legit as these custom roms and builds are either skins or unstable. or is there a patch available?

thank you!!!!! :)

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

No, there's no official Ice Cream Sandwich ROM. That would be the stock ROM upgraded, and I'm guessing by looking at the specs that this tablet won't get ICS. Custom ROMs are buggy. That's one of the risks.

This site will have the most information on modding Android devices.
    http://www.xda-developers.com/

3. staticelec

thank you

i am thinking about reverting back to 2.3 or maybe to a version above that but below android 4. i have seen android 3.1 so i will look around

but thank you again :)

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Honeycomb (Android 3.1) was specifically written for just a few tablets. I don't think the source code was even released for developers to make custom mods. If you can return what you have, do it. The Galaxy Nexus 7 will be out soon, and it's only $200 and runs ICS.

5. staticelec

i have reverted back to gingerbread 2.3.3 so at least i have the phone stable.... and play store now works. unfortunately one will have to wait for the offical ics 4 to be available for the p1000... unless one is willing to download and try all the different roms out there and find one that is the most stable.

thank you very much helix. your a legend bro!!!!! :)

6. retiredmarine

retiredmarine

go to asus forum on google search they have info on updates...

good luck

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1063131