1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Android 9 Sony phone wifi connection problem

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by Sukh1, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Sukh1

Sukh1 Thread Starter

I've got a Sony experia zx2 that has Android version 9. As far as I can tell it works fine.
    Last week I moved into a granny flat which is about 20 meters from the main residence. They have wireless broadband connection but the signal would not reach my flat. I've bought a dlink wifi extender which works well and has been fine.
    My wife and children's devices /phones are connected and currently work fine.
    Last night my phone stopped connecting to the wifi, it keeps trying to obtain an ip and when it gets one it says there's no internet, and keeps repeating this cycle. When I go closer to the main house it connects but when I come back to mine it starts again even though it's detecting 2bars signal.
    I've reset my internet settings.
    Turned my phone on and off.
    Turned router/extender on and off.
    Tried to set a static ip(copying details from when my phone does connect) but this doesn't let me connect at all.
    Turned off all wifi autoconnect settings.

Any advice?? I'm out of ideas. My wife and kids devices (mix of Mac and Android) all work fine. Mine worked for four days until this started.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice