1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Android App

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by xype10, Apr 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xype10

xype10 Thread Starter

Hi,

I was wondering what code/programming language is use to write an Android App? Is it Java?

Is the Language easy to learn?

Thanks for any help you can give.:)

2. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

3. xype10

xype10 Thread Starter

Thanks Squashman!

Do you know anywhere i can learn C programming? and a good compiler to go with it?

4. valis

valis Moderator

that's like asking if you know where you can learn to drive.......:)

There are millions of resources out there. What works for some doesn't work for others. I'd buy a book and start reading, but that's me. That's how I learned HTML.

5. xype10

xype10 Thread Starter

Thought it was a bit of a silly questions just after i sent it.

Thats how i learn the basics of HTML. so i guess a book is a good place to start.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you want to learn to develop mobile apps, the only actual book I'd recommend is the Android Developer's Cookbook.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-Android-Developers-Cookbook-Applications/dp/0321741234

Technology changes much faster than books can be printed. "Back in the day", we didn't have the Internet, eBooks, developer communities, etc, and books were the way we learned. Not today.

If for some reason you want to learn an old language like C, then maybe a book would work for you.

7. xype10

xype10 Thread Starter

Thanks for you help DoubleHelix.

When you say an old language like C, i know it was came about in the 70's. but is there a language like C but a newer version? a easy language to learn.

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You started the thread by asking how to develop Android apps, and you were given great information. Now you want to switch directions and learn C. What's your goal? If you want to develop Android apps, start learning how to develop Android apps. There's little value in spending the next 6 months learning a completely different language. By then, Android will be revved by a version or 2, and a whole slew of new features will be out there. Technology moves fast. If you want to learn something current, learn it. If you're just interested in an academic exercise, pick whatever you're interested in.

9. Ent

Ent Josiah Trusted Advisor

Android is built to run Java apps, and while it's possible to write code in other languages Java is best for that purpose.

10. allnodcoms

allnodcoms

You should check out PhoneGap - Looks like it might meet your needs...

Danny

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1048856