1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Android Firmware Update Problems ...

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by vja4Him, Jan 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vja4Him

vja4Him Thread Starter

Last night I went ahead and took the plunge ... Updated the Firmware on my Archos 70 Internet Tablet 250GB (2.1.3 - Android 2.2.1).

My tablet still worked after the update. Slower than before though.

This morning I found out that I can't get online!

None of my four radio apps work (they all worked fine before).

Bible.is no longer works.

All three of my browsers no longer work.

Firmware Update doesn't work (can't connect to the Internet).

Wi-Fi shows that my Archos is connected to my Internet service. My son and I are both online with our computers, so there is nothing wrong with our Internet connection.

Looks like I have no choice now, but to reformat the Archos and start all over again (for the 4th time!!!!) .... That will be very time consuming, as I will have to download all of my many apps all over again, and then reload all of my files all over again ....

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

If your wireless network is encrypted, have you tried resetting the WPA key?

Just curious.

3. vja4Him

vja4Him Thread Starter

Yes, I did reset the Pre-Shared Key, to 15 characters.

I recently update the Firmware again to 2.1.04, and now the WiFi problems are even more serious! I've tried numerous router settings, but WiFi disconnects every few minutes. The only way to get connected again is to reboot the tablet.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/977688

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice