Solved Android laptop?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Lee Lewis

Z.
Is there such a thing?
Need a new laptop/notebook quickly and wish to be able to sync it with my droid moto g phone and Samsung Note Pro 12 .2" tablet.
Thanks, Lee

Triple6

Rob
You mean a Chromebook: http://www.google.ca/chromebook/

Just be aware that any Android/ChromeOS based device will however be limited to only being able to use specialized apps for example from the Google Play Store. You will not be able to use regular PC software on it. Not sure what you need to sync with your phone or tablet but you can use Google Drive to sync files with PC's. And Chrome can be used to sync browser favorites and history.

Lee Lewis

Z.
Thank you for the 101 info.
One problem, the laptop is fried, however, I Do have a current backup on an extended drive (plugs into AC).
To get around the loss of my PC, it seems my only choice would be to procure a friend's PC to act as a go-between between the extended drive and Google Cloud?
If so, would I have to find someone with the same op sys? I was using Windows 7.
Want to know for certain as to whether there is another way to copy the extended drive contents without borrowing someone else's PC by, for example, using controls that the cloud might have?
Perhaps you can tell that I have no experience with clouds. :)

bobs-here

Bob
i'm assuming the tablet described in your reply has a single usb connector

its possible to upload data to Google Drive, (Dropbox, OneDrive and Amazon Cloud Drive) if needed.

use the usb connection to add the extended drive to the tablet (usb socket).

Google Drive will be accessible through your tablet. if you dont have an account, look in apps for google drive and open it. if not in apps, install from the google store and create an account. google drive will allow you to upload your files and data to your account. if you can browse to the files on the extended drive upload them into googledrive.

Triple6

Rob
By 'extended drive' I assume you mean an external hard drive?

To get the data off it you will need to access another computeror device, it won't go tot he cloud without you connecting it to a device to upload the files to the cloud. There are adapters that can connected a USB drive to a mobile device but you will also need additional software on the Android to access the file system.

And no you do not need Windows 7, if the back on the external drive was created with Windows Backup then you will need to use a Windows 7 or newer computer to access it, if it was made using other software then you may need a Windows PC with that software to access it, if the files were backed up in their original state/format then you can just access and copy/open them as needed.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online