1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Android recovery software?

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by syc0path, Apr 21, 2017 at 7:38 AM.

Advertisement
  1. syc0path

syc0path Thread Starter

The kids kept getting into my wife's Samsung Galaxy S4, so she set it up to have a passcode. And apparently the default setting is that the phone will be wiped (ie, factory reset) if the wrong code is entered 10 times. U can guess what happened after that [​IMG] The SD card was wiped as well.

She hasn't had this phone very long, and we haven't set up any of the backup features. We have backups for everything up until a few weeks ago.

I tried searching online for Android recovery software, but I didn't have much luck. Everything I found is either "free to preview and $60 to actually recover" and/or requires the phone to be rooted. Rooting the phone to try some sketchy online software doesn't seem like a good idea. We also went to the Verizon store, but all they did was look for the Google backup and try to sell us a $60 phone case [​IMG]

So does any1 know of some good recovery software?

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Andrew

If it has been wiped due to the security feature, its most likely that is gone. I highly doubt you will be able to recover anything from it. It's designed to erase that data SECURELY.

If Verizon cannot retrieve it, you're likely not going to get it back. :(

3. durangojolly71

durangojolly71

sadly, i don't think you can do anything right now to get the files back. my kids also did this to me before and i had no choice but to find them cute and hide my phone from them forever.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1188797