Android tablet DNS resolution error - router switch

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kunino

Oh well, thanks for trying, at least.
I guess buying a long Cat5e RJ11 cable it is.

kunino

Just tried an old tablet I had kicking around, and it connects and works fine. It's a different make, and running an older version of Android (4, whereas the Huawei I'm trying to use is running 5), so I guess the problem must lie either with the hardware or with something in the settings of Android 5.

As I mentioned before, I had similar DNS issues with my main PC initially, and they were resolved by disabling IPv6 in the network settings, so I have a feeling the issue with this tablet may well have to do with IPv6 somehow, too.
How to fix it, though, is another issue, as I cannot alter the IPv6 settings of the tablet, and cannot disable it in the BT Hub.

TerryNet

Terry
As I mentioned before, I had similar DNS issues with my main PC initially, and they were resolved by disabling IPv6 in the network settings, so I have a feeling the issue with this tablet may well have to do with IPv6 somehow, too.
Excellent point. That does seem to be what you have isolated to.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Just out of interest, the date/time for the tablet is correct?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts