1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Android Tablet Wi-Fi Connection Issue

Discussion in 'Archive: Phones & Handheld Devices' started by AbroadUniform, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AbroadUniform

AbroadUniform Thread Starter

I just purchased an Eken M013F Android Tablet and have since been unable to connect to Wi-Fi. I've tried it in several areas where i'll have atleast 4 bars and still nothing. It always starts the same way ... scanning ... connecting ... obtaining ip address ... disconnected ... and then it'll start all over again and keep doing it until I just give up and turn my Wi-Fi off completely. I'm not sure if it's a simple fix or something complex that I just dont want to hear. Please help me someone .... Please !!! :confused:

2. ringowheelin

ringowheelin

Are you sure these are standard access points and not ad-hoc networks your connecting to? what security type are they? if you have the option, change the security type on the incoming signal.

3. adamspe

adamspe

Yeah... security type will always cause trouble.

It'll let you input the info but wont connect.

4. gcutrell13

gcutrell13

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I received one for Christmas and its doing the same thing with me....

5. method1

method1

I just purchase a Dell streak 7 and am having problem connecting to my wireless router..My tablet cant find my wireless router and i have tried with other devices and they all connected to the wireless but not the dell streak..It doesnt even show available wireless networks..It just keeps scanning and scanning and scanning..It does that forever without finding and connecting to the wireless..Can someone please help me out...Thank you..

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024501

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice