1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Android update - need help changing it back

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by tonyacardo, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tonyacardo

tonyacardo Thread Starter

This last update
    added a searh box to my home screen
    caused the up/down volume to turn pages
    moved the volume indicator from the top of the phone to the right hand side
    and
    gave me bigger/longer icons that have to be pushed up to be gotten rid of.

That is all that I know of because I am a pretty simple/basic phone user.

But the functions I need. I actually need.

How can I change it back?

software variant says google-fi
    Android 9
    Build is PPW29 69-26

One of my friends was laughing at me because I was struggling with my phone. I use my phone as a work tool, so it helps me generate income, I don't appreciate it when people mess with it.
    Anyway, my buddy said that Apple has had, for the most part, the same GUI for several years.

Is that correct?
    He told me I could get a mid-level I phone for about the same $400 I spent on my Moto X4. Is that true?
    Because I don't think I am going to buy any more Moto phones, unless they get their own operating system. Google is just too playful for me.

Anyway, does anyone know how to fix all of that. OR can I roll it back to the previous version (without risking security)?

2. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  3. tonyacardo

Thanks for helping
    I tried that already.

Now my screen also locks when i have Google Maps on, so it is locked when I am trying to navigate. I can either pull over or go way beyond what Oregon's "one swipe rule" allows for.

These guys really screwed me with their update

4. tonyacardo

Are you saying that by changing launchers, I can get a desktop that I create, I can save it, than when Android does things I don't like, my Launcher stays the same.
    (similar to a Desktop OK sort of program)
    that way when a Windows update reorders all my icons I can restore them to their proper place quickly, but for Android.

That is great news. Thank you. This might work, than no matter what shenanigans they pull at Android I can do my job quickly and with confidence, not wondering how or if my phone will work

5. tonyacardo

Are you saying that by changing launchers, I can get a desktop that I create, I can save it, than when Android does things I don't like, my Launcher stays the same.
    (similar to a Desktop OK sort of program)
    that way when a Windows update reorders all my icons I can restore them to their proper place quickly, but for Android.

That is great news. Thank you. This might work, than no matter what shenanigans they pull at Android I can do my job quickly and with confidence, not wondering how or if my phone will work

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1222458

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice