1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Angelize56 Her Loving Legacies

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by eggplant43, May 4, 2015.

Advertisement
  1. eggplant43

eggplant43 A True Heart and Soul - Gone But Never Forgotten Thread Starter

Marlene, Angelize56 died on July 15, 2007. She was a force for good here at TSG, and is still mentioned with affection by many of us long time TSG'ers.

Last night, I was contacted by her son William who wanted folks to know he is doing well, and gave me permission to share that fact here.

Because I like to tell stories, and help people, I thought after nearly 8 years it would be neat to share some of her stories, that many of us still carry in out hearts. So I will tell my stories, and request that some of the rest of you, who feel led to do so share your stories.

I'll start with a brief description of how I saw Marlene. Marlene was a gatekeeper of sorts, the un-appointed, self-actualized greeter of all new folks at TSG. She simply took it upon herself to say howdy to everyone who swung through her gate. This included remembering birthdays, anniversaries, and especially the losses of loved ones. Because Marlene was this force, she influenced others to be good citizens, to help others. She provided a daily course in good citizenship.

2. eggplant43

3. eggplant43

4. hewee

hewee

So good to hear William is doing good now.

Yes Marlene sure was a great lady that could remember everything. Who did this and who did that and who did it when, where and the most. She keep track of post count on every one and so many this and when you reach to something she keep track of she post about it so she made lots of post. I think she posted using both hands and both feet so she could post faster.

I know I still miss her.

Thanks William, Bruce and Marlene.

5. eggplant43

For me, one of the most defining aspects of knowing Marlene online was her kindness. She just exuded a warmth, and acceptance of all that I truly cannot compare to anyone else I know, except, perhaps my wife. This is an all too rare gift, and I believe that those who knew Marlene were better, for having known her.

6. hewee

hewee

She was that way and it rubs off on others. The way of giving is what we all need to do more of.

(Acts 20:35 [AKJV])
    I have showed you all things, how that so laboring you ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.

7. eggplant43

I was hoping that we'd see some of Angelize56 remembrances here, to share with William, any takers?

8. hewee

hewee

Bruce I was thinking more would post too.

9. ekim68

ekim68

First Name:
    Mike
    You have to remember that it's been almost eight years and a lot of the older members are gone, too. But I remember Angel...(y) She had a quality of being able to disarm some bully or charm Mulder, at times...;) But I'll remember her most for her concern for William when he started to talk about enlisting in the Army back in the thick of the Iraq War...She was almost desperate and she didn't want him hurt....Several of us held her virtual hand for a while...;)

10. hewee

hewee

Yes you are right that a lot are gone now or not here as much or busy in other forums now. Wow 8 years. I know it was some time back but so much has changed in the last 8 years just for me and I know others here

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1147731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice