1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Angel's Website - My pc freezes when I trie to see her website

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Tuppence2, Sep 19, 2002.

Mark Solved
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tuppence2

Tuppence2 Guest Thread Starter

Hello,

On accessing Angel's site - Angelfire - my pc loads the page with the tears falling and than freezes. I don't have a very good video card (it will not play 3-D games well). Could this be the problem?

Win98SE
    316 MB RAM
    IE6

Thanks for any help,

T2

All OK at present. Got there by using Netscape 7, which worked.
    IE6 and Netzcape 4 didn't.

:D T2

2. hewee

hewee

T2

I have to use IE to see the site right and get the java and sound.

3. angelize56

angelize56 Always remembered in our hearts

4. rkselby98

rkselby98

Now after seeing the site I would suggest you clean the hard drive and remove all programs from start up.

here are the instructions.

www.rselby.com/cleanup.htm

www.rselby.com/cleanupxp.htm

angelize56

Nice site, like it a lot. I think the problem they are having is you have a lot of graphics and the hard drive is cluttered up and they can't handle it.

I went to the site, a lot of graphics, nice ones too and they take time and a lot of space to download so they can be seen.

Keep up the nice work.

5. Tuppence2

Hewee - Netscape 7 works - I didn't know you had IE!:)

rkselby98 - Thanks for the advice - will do.

Angel - Thanks for the link. It's a lovely site. I was so pleased I could access it.

Bye
    T2:)

6. angelize56

Hi: Thanks rk for figuring out T2's problem. :) And for the nice comment on my site. Appreciate it.

T2: Thanks to you too. Have you followed rk's advice yet and cleaned up your hard drive/start-up? Glad you could view the site finally. It is my pride and joy! :) Take care. :)

Hewee: As always thanks for your advice! :) Take care. angel :)

7. Tuppence2

Oh dear - should I be thinking twice about posting again because of those horrible little numbers you know where!!

Yes Angel, cleaned my h/d thoroughly and emptied caches and stuff like that! My Xen cleaner does a really thorough clean-up.
    But I seem to be having a lot of trouble with my connection the past couple of nights. I fink the wires are not long enough for everybodys pc's information to fit into them. Do you think that's what's causing it :D :D :D

Going to bed now,
    You have a good rest of day and
    a good rest tonight!

Bye
    T2

8. angelize56

Yes! It is such a pain to have to go outside and stretch those wires to the UK! :D :D :D And I pm'ed you about the numbers. And don't let anything keep you from posting! That thread is not everyone's opinions. Take care. angel :)

Hey almost have 3000 posts! Make me a thread! lmao Just kidding! People have taken the fun out of that now anyways.

9. hewee

hewee

T2,

Yes I have IE only because it is needed by some image programs.
    Then again I use it when Netscape will not work right but I think version 7.x fixes that. :)

Angel,

Your welcome and I bet if I went to your site on my old PC it would just frezee up because it would to much for the poor old thing.

10. Tuppence2

Greetings Angel and Hewee - I know all about stretching (backs though, not wires!!:D )

What sort of computer do you have, then, Hewee? One of those coal-fired things with the crank handle on the side:D

Go see my little tale of Digitalicus Numericus in the random section.

See you later,
    Got to walk the dawgs.
    Bye
    T2

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/96231

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice