1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Angie

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by AAAPCLUB, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. AAAPCLUB

AAAPCLUB Thread Starter

Hi every body
    My computer is a pent 4 about 3 years old it just crashes but before it says the display driver is ? ? ? I have put the vidio card in a nother one and its ok
    But it just wont go nor will the cap lock key light up.
    Regards
    Angie xx

2. kenneth2k1

kenneth2k1

Sorry, not understanding the error message: "the display driver is ? ? ?"

Does it boot into windows? What type of PC is this? What type of video card? Have you installed any new video drivers recently?

3. AAAPCLUB

AAAPCLUB Thread Starter

Hi Kenneth
    Sorry for the delay been on holidays I have tried the vidio card in another computer and it works ok but in my main computer a pent 4 it goes for a short while several minutes and then nothing on screen but I can hear computer still going if you leave it for several hours its ok but then crashes again please help
    BF N
    Angie xx

4. AAAPCLUB

AAAPCLUB Thread Starter

Hi People
    I have a pent 4 that just stops after a few minutes I thought it was the vidio card but I tried it on another computer a pent 2 and it runs ok I did this for several days so vidio card is probaly ok when I put it in my main computer it goes for a few mimutes and then crashes nothing on screen but I can hear the computer still going I have also tried another vidio card in it and it still does the same can any body help
    BFN
    Angie xx

5. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

In your first post you noted that the Caps lock light did not work when it crashed.

That is a sure sign that the computer itself is not running, just because you can hear the fans etc going means little.

Perhaps you are blaming the video when its actually the computer CPU, motherboard, power supply or multiple other devices that could be the problem?

6. AAAPCLUB

AAAPCLUB Thread Starter

Thanks for the help I put it back on this morning its still going aftre 3 hours
    BFN Angie xx

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice