Animal Extinction - the greatest threat to mankind

lotuseclat79

By the end of the century half of all species will be extinct. Does that matter?
Article here.

-- Tom

Wiskycoo

Account Closed
.... it matters to me :(

...heck I'm worried about polar bears, caribou, BEES... sparrows, Mulder.... You name it I'm worried.

one in four mammals, one in eight birds, one in three amphibians, one in three conifers and other gymnosperms are at risk of extinction.
our present course will lead to the extinction of half of all plant and animal species by 2100.
That's staggering!!!!!

Wiskycoo

Account Closed
bumping this, as I think this is very important... people should really pay attention to information like this... THIS is the war we should all be fighting... but on no... wars on terror get the attention... shows you actually were peoples priorities are...

If all these animals and other living things go extinct, you won't have a pot to pee in... never mind some stupid money wasting war machines used to kill people rather than save the world, it's Earth, it's plants and Animals...

...human beings are a selfish lot.

Right, I'm going back out into my garden to play... so naa :D

Gabriel

Account Closed
I think it's a great idea for a thread too,:) , i will try to contribute to it...

Izme

Stephen
As the population of this planet increases...humans are encroaching on every habitat...not to mention our consumption rate. To the animals of this planet other than ourselves :D
we are like a disease that is spreading.

I am saddend by the fact that animals are becoming exinct at a staggering rate, victims of an over populated planet of humans

it's only natural that it comes back to bite us all in the arse :D

I hope kittens are not on the list ..

We have to do something to protect Nature .. without the natural balance there wil lbe trouble ahead

Izme

Stephen
Blackmirror said:
I hope kittens are not on the list ..

We have to do something to protect Nature .. without the natural balance there wil lbe trouble ahead

It's this chicken today - feathers tomorrow mentality

Izme

Stephen
see...people matter most..that's the argument I hear...lowly animals...who cares? Unable to defend themselves from the onslaught of our civilization spreading out over this planet with a handful of people that really care and intend to do something about it. We the deep thinking species must come up with real viable solutions, before this chicken today - fethers tomorrow mentality comes back at us with devistating results. All animals matter and the insects as well. We share the planet with them and they as well have a right to exist.

George is ready for the next 'Ice Age.'

There was a report in the newspaper today, that botanists here in the UK have assembled a so called 'Bilion Seed Store.' The ideabeing that they will be able to contribute to replanting, after some so called 'global catastrophe.'

Should we be doing the same with DNA from Birds, Fish, and Mammals ?

I can't imagine a world without animals.:( Unfortunately, a lot of people could care less!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online