1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Animated avatar

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by jampot, Feb 5, 2005.

Advertisement
  1. jampot

jampot Thread Starter

Just a quick request...could somebody give me an idea how to create an animated avatar - I'm beginning to get an inferiority complex!

Thanks

jampot :confused:

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

3. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

BIG hat tip to HEWEE for this link in another thread.

http://com-puterworks.com/Free_Downloads.htm

This link will get you Paint Shop Pro Version 7.0 with the GIF animator software fort FREE !!!

I bought this program 3 years ago for $100.00 and it was worth every cent.

These 2 programs will have you making animated avatars like a pro.

4. hewee

hewee

Your welcome Lan :)
    I also paid for my PSP 7 years ago. I still downloaded this free one here in case it no longer is at the site for free and then I can give it out to others.

5. LANMaster

LANMaster Banned

Yes, it is definitely one to hang on to. Great program and intro into graphic manipulation and design.

6. hewee

hewee

Your so right and being free makes it all the better. :)
    Just get it and the patches for it now before it is gone.

Let not forget even if you wanted to buy PSP that the new version needs a lot more PC power to run the PSP 7 does so this free PSP 7 will run on older PC's.

7. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

Wow, great tool. Now if I could just get my Avatars small enough. The only one I could shrink small enough is my current.

8. izme

izme

Try this program for sizing pics, it's free and easy to use

www.irfanview.com

9. Big-K

Big-K

I think he meant shrink to 50x50 and still look good. I suggest someone make a smiley face that goes from frown to smile to frown again in a fluid motion:)

10. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

I got that program Izme. The picture size is not the problem, it's the SIZE. One of my gifs I made I cant get below 191kb!! See what I mean?

11. Big-K

Big-K

Aren't you allowed to host it on a third-party server and link to it? If so I reccomend imageshack.us

12. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

I uploaded my avatar to imageshack.us and then tryed to link it in the avatar control panel and TSG still gave me a "Image too Large" Error.

All well, it's not realy important.

Edit>These are the two avatars I made that I cant seem to get small enough
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. Omega_Shadow

Omega_Shadow

^ It's alittle jumpy but I finaly got it down to 19k. I think it looks ok for my third attempt. What do yo guys think?

14. hewee

hewee

Looks ok with me but I see you have the cool text effect on your name but with the avatar so small you really can not see your name so maybe do away with that part and only use the face and do what ever you want to have effects on for that.
    Hard to see things where your looking at a 50x50 avatar where a 100 or so you can see more detail things.
    Just remember to save what you make in the bigger 200x200 or what ever size you made the .gif with because if you ever what to use it at another site resizing the 50x50 to a bigger size will not look right. Like the avatar I have here I have at other size but they were all resize smaller from a real big one I made.

15. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327210

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice