1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

animated avatar

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by fargo, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fargo

fargo Thread Starter

Hope Ive placed this post in the correct section, getting tired and whatnot after searching for hours and trying out suggestions i could find on the forrums.

What Am I trying to do? - I have an animated sequence i created using
    http://www.curse-gaming.com/en/wow/addons-2090-1-wow-model-viewer-updated.html

Im trying to resize this animation sequence so i can use it as an avatar and that is where im stumbling.:confused: would like to make the image transparent so i have no background colour. so its just the actual image. not a blue background as you see when using the viwer.

I have downloaded infranview and have attempted to have the animation hosted to create an avatar but the file size is to large.
    Tried downloading imageresizer powertoy then hosting it. below, which failed.
    have tried http://load.imageshack.us/ but its telling me The file format you attempted to upload is not supported or that the file size is to large.

properties on the animation sequence are as follows:-

IrfanView GIF File
    Size 1.11 MB (1,167,496 bytes)

any help on steps to resize or advice on how to go about this would be greatly appreciated.
    :D
    hopefully someone there can help.

Fargo.

2. thecoalman

thecoalman

You have to reduce the amount of frames and/or the size of the color pallete. The max file size for an image here is 20K which will give you approximately 4 to 10 frames. reducing either will reduce the file size but also reduces the smoothness and colors.

3. fargo

fargo Thread Starter

hmm unsure how reduce the ammount of frames and the size of pallete, maybe if you could have a go yourself and attempt to make a random avatar and see how you get on.

there is no export option with the model viewer so im limited in what i know to do.
    once image is created i can view it with infran but not understanding how batching it then using unfreeze puts it back together with size adjusted to work as an avatar

4. hewee

hewee

Where is the animation you want to redo?
    What are the image size and file size limit it can be?

5. fargo

fargo Thread Starter

no worries guys was able to figure it out myself, thankyou for the suggestion TheCoalman.
    I was over complicating it :p
    thanks again for your time and effort fellas :)

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/484641

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice