1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Animated Tutorials

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by philosopher09, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. philosopher09

philosopher09 Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm a teacher and I want to make animated tutorials. I plan to put them on CD's and market them.
    (a) How plausible is this?
    (b) What are the skills I need to have?
    (c) What is the software I can/should use?
    (d) What would be the type of files created and how would students view them?

Thanks!
    P

2. Hughv

Hughv

I've seen many such programs over the years, and it's a very plausible idea, but I'd be more inclined to market as a download/web site than as a CD/DVD, which adds tremendous expense and complexity.
    In fact, the real value here is a tutorial that is actually worth paying for.
    The video professor seems to have figured this out, but there's a lot of free content out there to contend with.
    "Wink is a useful, free tool for creating software tutorials and demonstrations. Rather than recording all screen activity into a movie file, Wink lets you manually control the capture process by pressing the pause key every time you want to capture a frame. This makes your presentations smaller, and easier to annotate. "
    http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/screencapture/gr/wink.htm

3. philosopher09

Thanks for your reply, Hughv. Wink does seem nice, but it's not software that I want to teach. I'm looking at school subjects. I have a few ideas in animation that I want to use, to make it more fun and interesting. I thought there would be appropriate multimedia tools to make a movie-like CD, except I don't know which tool would be ideal.

4. Hughv

Hughv

5. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

6. philosopher09

Thank you for your suggestions. I shall explore them further. :)

7. Noyb

Noyb Trusted Advisor

It's been awhile since I've used Camtasia/Camstudio ..
    But it can record to a video/audio .. What you are doing on the computer.

I have used Camtasia to create a Video from a Power Point presentation.
    As I recall .. It has a direct PP to video converter.

The question will be .. What format do you want to originally create in ...
    Then we can worry about how to get it to a DVD

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/848759

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice