1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Annoyed with MSN.com

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by funkyfoof, Oct 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. funkyfoof

funkyfoof Thread Starter

I'm not an anti-Microsoft person by any means. In fact, I have maintained my allegiance to MS products for years even as my wife has jumped the fence onto Apple products. MSN.com has been my homepage since as far as I can remember, at least 5 years. But today I changed it.

What has me really annoyed is the automatic locking of the cursor to the search field. It locks more than once too! If I open my browser and begin typing in the search field, the lock invariably happens in the middle of my typing (when MSN.com fully loads) and half my term is suddenly in the search field.

More so, when I am reading an article on MSN, or MSNBC, or any article in their tree, the page will autoscroll upwards to the search field when the page fully loads. It's annoying the first time, but it's even more annoying when it ALWAYS happens again when I scroll down. Does the page load it's command to lock to the search field twice?

I've sent several comments to the MSN webdevelopers, but I can't bear to wait any longer. I've moved on. I was almost sad when I had to choose a replacement, which is yahoo.com for now, but I see no reason why MSN's insistence to shove their search down my throat should annoy me several times daily.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice