Annoyed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

koiman2

I have an ASUS pentium4 512 mg memory with a nvidiaxfx5600 256 mg video and a creative sound blaster card. OS XP Pro.
Problem::::
Windows Media Player will not play left speaker. Have wiped it and reloaded,updated drivers etc.etc. Downloaded other players which work fine eg. Real Player,Creative Play Center. All the windows sounds work. Any games I play the sound works fine.
Not sure exactly when it stopped working, tried restore as far back as allowed , no luck,changed sound cards, changed video cards,reloaded xp,
HELP

In WMP under tools>options>devices click on speakers and properties and advanced then speaker volume and check that both sliders are at the correct level. (I know you can do this from the tray, but its just to see if the properties on opening WMP are being changed).

Dont know what version WMP your running zeddy but the same for WMP V9 can be dun by selecting pulldown :
View --> Enhancement --> Graphic Equalizer

A lot of sliders are shown & 1 of them is Balance.

Ps. software issue

koiman2

Did what you said and the balance was in the middle as I had checked this before but I had to move it anyway and just as i put the cursor on the balance arm and clicked to move it, on came the sound loud and clear,,,,,,,only thing i can think of is that somehow it was stuck inbetween,,,,had some pro's working on this problem and they couln't fix...I have been working on it for 3 weeks myself,,,,,SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online