Annoying AOL problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

stevehckr6

Ok, first of all, I AM going to switch ISPs soon, but until I do, I'm stuck with AOHell for a while. AOLs been giving me some problems:

1. I'll sign on to AOL. Everything will be ok for a while, but then AOL will stop responding. It doesn't boot me, it just stops responding. I then have to hit Control/Alt/Delete and sign back on for it to start working again. This has been going on for quite a long time. It seems to happen much more frequently when I'm downloading something.

2. I can't receive some e-mails. People say they send them, but I never get them. An example is this...I never got the confirmation e-mail from this site. I had to re-register with a different e-mail address.

I've tried to solve these problems by myself, but had no luck at all. I tried virus scans, Spybot S&D...I even re-installed Windows...no luck.

Here's what I'm running:

Windows XP home
220 MB RAM
Zonealarm Pro
Adsgone pop up blocker

Can anybody help me?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online