1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

annoying buzzing sound

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by randalll, Jan 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. randalll

randalll Thread Starter

for a few days now my computer's not been playing songs properly, there is frequently a distorted buzzing sound over them, it seems to go on and off when different notes or tones are played.
    and i've no idea what's causing the problem, whether it's because of hardware or software.
    ive cleaned out the whole pc, and re-installed the sound driver (reltek high definition) but nothing has worked so far.
    i dont think the tracks are damaged in any way because the audio is also distorted on games and video's as well.
    it's not the speakers either becuase headphones play the buzzing sound too.

if you have any ideas on what could be the problem or what component might be causing it, please let me know

randall

2. strouprob

strouprob Guest

Double click on the picture of the speaker in your system tray, down by the time. A window should appear with all of your Windows sound settings. Go into view and make sure all of the settings are showing. Select alt and PRNT SCRN at the same time. Open up MSPaint and select ctrl and v at the same time to paste the screen shot. Save it and attach to the next post.

3. net_newsy

net_newsy

also...
    Check all the *speaker plugs* are pushed well in at both ends.

4. jreinsch

jreinsch

One idea...DirectSound vs. WaveOut may have somehow gotten switched in your media player preferences.

5. strouprob

strouprob Guest

You may want to check for EMI. Electrical Magnetic Interference. Is there is a way for you to temperarily move your computer and speakers or just your head phones to a different outlet away from where you have it set up now. Even an old lamp or cheap desk lamp can cause this kinda issue, so you can also try unplugging everything around your computer, I mean everything but the computer and your speakers and see if the sound persist.

6. strouprob

strouprob Guest

Did you try this?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/671776