1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Annoying hard drive Noise: Toshiba M200! HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by noobsaibot, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. noobsaibot

noobsaibot Thread Starter

I have a question about my Toshiba M200. it makes a noise on the hard drive whenever I place it down on a hard surface. For instance if I turn it on, put it on the desk or simply tap the base where the hard drive is located it makes a sharp noise (which makes the hard drive go crazy with an annoying sound) as if the hard drive caddy is touching the hard drive. What could be the problem? Is it the hard drive because I was thinking of getting another, or could it be the cover in which protects the hard drive, THANKS!

2. cdm1035

cdm1035

The only remotely similar situation that I am familiar with is the bearings going bad on the hard drive. No way of knowing for sure other than to open up your computer and inspect the hard drive and its housing.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

What kind of "noise"?

4. noobsaibot

Its a whistling sound. Once its starts doing that the hard drive will stop, then stard all over again. You know when you start a computer, thats the sound it makes when it starts all over again,. The computer does not shut down though. So I think it may be the bearings of the hard drive.

5. frankjohn

frankjohn

I would back up any files ect that you want to save, just to be on the safe side.Acronis is a good software for back up

6. noobsaibot

7. noobsaibot

Any more suggestions?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/888875

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice