Annoying Internet Explorer 5 problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

cswebman

Hi all. This just started happening recently. When multi-tasking on different sites, my browser pops back to whatever page is loading. For example, if I type in a search on yahoo or somewhere else, I may click to another window of another site to read or do something else, as I wait for the search to find results. As I am doing/reading something in the other browser, when the search is complete, IE pops the search page up. Basically, cuts me off. It slows down my multi-tasking incredibly, and is sooooooo annoying. Also, when I am reading one page, and another is just loading up, whether it be the page itself or a picture, it does this. I feel something got changed in my registry by a site or something. Every now and then, I notice when I type in an invalid url, the page that can not find the site is a different site offering to do a search of what I am looking for. I feel maybe one of these companys that changed my settings may be at fault. Am I close? Thanks! Mike.

Del

OK, you doing a search in window 1 and reading in window2, when the search is completed, it comes up in window2??
:confused:

cswebman

Hello Del. No. When the search is done or whenever the page itself is done loading in window 1, it overides whatever other window I am in and pops up. In other words, its as if I myself clicked on the window on the taskbar to bring it up, but I did not. Say I am typing in info in window 2 to order something, or scrolling, or whatever I am doing on that site at the time. Right in the middle of doing whatever, when window 1, or whatever window I last was at is finished loading up, that one is displayed. Its like if I do a search on this site. It may take a minute to search the site. In the meantime, I go to espn.com in another window, and start reading a story. Without clicking the window on the taskbar to bring back the page I was previously at, when that page finishes loading, my page I am looking at closes(minimizes), and the page that just completed loading is displayed, without me clicking on it to bring it back. This happens at whatever page is loading, if I leave it before it is done loading. I can have 20 windows open, but whatever page I load up, if I go to another window before it is done loading, when it is done loading, it minimizes what window I am currently in, and brings the loaded page up. Hope this makes sense. Thanks! Mike.

Del

Mine doesn't do that, here's a long shot,
In IE, Tools > Internet Options > Advanced and click restore defaults.

cswebman

I changed the settings to default and re-started computer. Same problem. I figure this must be something in the registry telling the window to do this, but where? Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online