Annoying little problem with animation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LauraMJ

Administrator
Hey, all,

I have this little animated gif on one of my websites, and though it is animated when viewed in Firefox, it is NOT animated when viewed in IE.

I cannot tell why, or what to do about it (I'm not that great with this stuff), so any suggestions or instructions would be greatly appreciated. :)

Here is the website:

http://www.endlesstrailsstable.com/

And the animation is the small running horse down at the bottom right, under where it says "link to show bill." The image is the link to another page.

LauraMJ

Administrator
Hmmm.....well, that's a good question, lol. I primarily use Firefox, and for convenience' sake, I use the IE tab extension in Firefox that puts a small icon in the bottom right corner of the browser and allows one to simply click on that icon to switch rendering engines.

So, when I'm in IE, it's a tab within Firefox.

I'll go check it out in an actual IE 7 browser. It never occurred to me that it would make a difference.

LauraMJ

Administrator
Hmmm........nope,.........I opened up an actual IE 7 browser and it is still not animated in mine.

However, I get a lot of weirdness like this when I make pages, I don't know why. I is NOT right for me when I view it, but when viewed from another computer, it is fine. :confused: Same with Firefox. What I see, often, is these HUGE spaces at the bottom of the pages (it's there now in the website in question) when I view the page in Firefox, but when someone else views it in Firefox, it's fine. :confused:

So, if everyone else sees it as animated, then I guess I'll just chalk it up to the aforementioned weirdness of my computer. :)

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Try emptying your browser cache in IE7 and disabling any add-ons you might have enabled.

Peace...

LauraMJ

Administrator
No, I opened it up in just IE 7, and it does not animate. :(

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Do ANY animated GIFS animate when viewed in IE7 on your system?

Do any of the animated GIfs on this site animate when viewed in IE7 on your system?

Above, did you mean you emptied your cache or disabled add-ons or both?

Peace...

LauraMJ

Administrator
No, as a matter of fact, they don't seem to work on IE7 for me. I never noticed before, because I just don't ever use IE for anything but Windows updates.

Above, did you mean you emptied your cache or disabled add-ons or both?
I emptied the cache, and I do not have any add-ons to IE7 because I never use it, really, just sometimes to check a webpage when I am working on it to see how it might appear in IE. So I never bothered to get any add-ons for it.

The animations on that link do, however, work in my Firefox.

Interesting...try enabling web media

Tools > Options > Advanced > scroll down to Multimedia, and enable Play animations in webpages
Restart and try the link again.

LauraMJ

Administrator
Well, that already had a check mark in it. But I unchecked, rechecked it, clicked apply and ok and closed and reopened IE7.

Still no motion to any of them.

While viewing in IE7, I can click the download button and save it to my computer and it will then work fine. Just not in IE. :mad:

tomdkat

Retired Trusted Advisor
Well, I'm stumped.

EDIT: Does IE7 have an "error console" similar to Firefox? Maybe IE7 is reporting an error that might provide a clue as to what's going on.

Peace...

LauraMJ

Administrator
Well, at least I don't feel stupid now because it was something completely simple and obvious, lol. And at least I know that my website is working properly......it's just my IE7 browser that has the problem.

Thanks for your help. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online