1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Annoying Log-In Message

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by wattamess, Dec 2, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wattamess

wattamess Thread Starter

Hello I just wanted to ask if anyone has every lost their password for Windows. I have one different screen name and password but I don't remember the password. The only way I find to eliminate this problem is to have the old password . I just want one desktop so that that little Login-In screen doesn't come up any more It's rather annoying , since I'm the only one that uses the computer anyway and Windows loads much faster.
    Any information will be very much appreciated.
    Thank you
    My E-Mail Is [email protected]

2. sdp3501

sdp3501

First Name:
    Shawn
    try this link http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article04-103 . i have the same prob and this site tells you how to get rid of annoying things like this. i tried the suggestion just a minute ago, but havent yet rebooted to see if it works:)

3. sdp3501

sdp3501

First Name:
    Shawn
    i rebooted and it didnt work in my case but post your results if you will. thanks and have a frustratingly good time! shawn

4. Irene

Irene

you can go to FIND, type *.PWL and then delete that file....but once you do, you will get the dial up networking box to show up the first time you try to connect to the net that you will have to fill in again with your password, and check 'remember password' and also 'automatically connect'. (Also, if you delete the .pwl file you will lose any passwords that you have for any documents or folders or other files you may have password protected so make sure you know what those are ahead of time in order to get access to your files again) Once you reboot the computer, you will get the log in window again, but this time only type in a username if yours doesn't already show up, and click OK and then click OK again without entering a password. Now right click the Network Neighborhood icon, choose Properties, and use the down arrow to show 'windows logon' or 'family logon' depending on what you have for choices, and then reboot the computer....

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q152/1/04.asp

5. wattamess

wattamess Thread Starter

Thanks to everyone for their help
    But I kind of found out how to do it on my own
    Through the registry.
    You guys are great.
    Method I used:
    start\run\regedit\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\identities
    Highlight ex. ([email protected]##[email protected]$%^) then on right hand side
    highlight username that you want to delete . right click & delete.
    It worked.:)

6. sdp3501

sdp3501

First Name:
    Shawn
    great to hear! take care!

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice