1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Annoying message on startup.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Superdelboy, Jun 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superdelboy

Superdelboy Thread Starter

When initially starting my Dell Dimension 4550, I get a message - "Support has encountered an unexpected problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience". It also asks if I wish to send an error report.
    There does not seem to be anything wrong with my system, but this message delays my access to the system until I click on either send or don't send the error report. The message disappears after I click the box. It is not a great problem, but is very irritating every time I switch on my system. Is there any way to stop this message from appearing?
    I am using Windows XP Home Edition.

2. HalTrout

HalTrout

Start > Run > type MSCONFIG > startup programs. Find the Dell program and uncheck. This will require a reboot.

Another way is to download Winpatrol. Winpatrol makes it a lot easier to identify the program you want to take out of startup. Winpatrol is a free download.

3. Superdelboy

Superdelboy Thread Starter

Thank You HalTrout, I'll certainly give your advice a try.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!