annoying mouse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

joe501

hi
a few months ago now i installed a novelty mouse onto my pc, now i want to remove it and revert back to the normal mouse, but i think i deleted the software because of fear of spyware.
please can anyone tell me how to get the standard mouse back? any help would be much apprecitaed
thanks?...

joe501

funkdmonkey said:
Are you saying when you but your standard mouse in windows does not detect it?
err..
i have the novelty mouse it is a penguin and it responds fine, its just now i think it looks a bit silly and would like to remove it, and just revert back to the normal mouse. But i do not know how to do this manually and i deleted the software used for getting the novelty mouse.

Can you clarify, that when you say "mouse", do you mean the thing that you hold and move by your hand...?

Or are you actually referring to the "cursor" on the screen, that is moved by the mouse. ?

joe501

kiwiguy said:
Can you clarify, that when you say "mouse", do you mean the thing that you hold and move by your hand...?

Or are you actually referring to the "cursor" on the screen, that is moved by the mouse. ?
oh yes, i see why you dont get it.. sorry
the thing im talking about is the on-screen cursor
sorry...

well first off if it was a program that you downloaded and installed i hope that you went to control panel and removed it through the add/remove programs function, and didnt just delete it. chances are it did contain spyware you need to go download Hijackthis, adaware, and spybot and run them all. doing hijack last. when you run hijackthis dont fix anything!!!! save the log file and post it in the web/security section of The Support Guy Forums and someone should be able to help you with that.

Other than that go to the control panel double click mouse. should bring up mouse properties, click the pointers tab and choose the one you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online