Annoying Notifications

Pinaar

My laptop has recently started to become a tad annoying. Firstly it will not restart after being put into sleep mode, on return it generally shows a black screen, occasionally the sign-in screen will flash up for 1 sec then disappear, sometimes if the light is right I can see the sign-in very faintly in the background but the only way to get laptop to restart is to hard boot it, then everything starts as normal.
Secondly after the above on restart I keep getting notifications from onedrive complaining it is not signed in and also from Microsoft telling me there is problem with my account that must be fixed, it turns out it just isn't signing in again after restart. I never had this problem before even after a restart both onedrive and mail used to sign in automatically, not so now.
Third problem is when running plugged in the battery shows full charge but sometimes when the mains is pulled it just shuts down, the battery is good and if I start it on the battery it will run fine just gets the hump when power is pulled when already running.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19041, Installed 20200623134345.000000+060
Processor: AMD A9-9410 RADEON R5, 5 COMPUTE CORES 2C+3G, AMD64 Family 21 Model 112 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 2
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics, 512 MB
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (177 GB Free);
Motherboard: LENOVO LNVNB161216, ver SDK0J40700 WIN, s/n R90RPK9V
System: LENOVO, ver LENOVO - 3, s/n R90RPK9V
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

DR.M

Malware Trainee
Secondly after the above on restart I keep getting notifications from onedrive complaining it is not signed in and also from Microsoft telling me there is problem with my account that must be fixed, it turns out it just isn't signing in again after restart. I never had this problem before even after a restart both onedrive and mail used to sign in automatically, not so now.
A couple of questions regarding the above:

1. Have you upgraded to the last Windows 10 update (version 2004) recently?

2. Do you use a local or a Microsoft account to sign in Windows?

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
To confirm, you have a V110-15AST Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80TD machine. Warranty expired.

For the second one, it may be that the network card is not initialized before Mail and OneDrive is trying to connect? Do you notice if your wireless connection is showing connected before the messages?

For the third one, your computer shouldn't be shutting down as soon as you are taking out the AC. Even if the computer boots back up on battery, there is an issue there. Does it happen all the time?

Pinaar

To confirm, you have a V110-15AST Laptop (Lenovo) - Type 80TD machine. Warranty expired.

For the second one, it may be that the network card is not initialized before Mail and OneDrive is trying to connect? Do you notice if your wireless connection is showing connected before the messages?

For the third one, your computer shouldn't be shutting down as soon as you are taking out the AC. Even if the computer boots back up on battery, there is an issue there. Does it happen all the time?
Yes to number 1
Wireless is connected, as soon as it does I get the message.
Doesn't happen every time no seems to be a random thing.

Pinaar

A couple of questions regarding the above:

1. Have you upgraded to the last Windows 10 update (version 2004) recently?

2. Do you use a local or a Microsoft account to sign in Windows?
1. Updates are on auto so I expect so but where do I find the version ?

2. Not entirely sure what you mean.

Couriant

James
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
for No.2: You can sign into your computer using a microsoft account (it can be your email address, even if it's not an MS account) or a user login that is stored on your computer (a local account)

Pinaar

for No.2: You can sign into your computer using a microsoft account (it can be your email address, even if it's not an MS account) or a user login that is stored on your computer (a local account)
Local then

DR.M

Malware Trainee
You can see on which version of Windows the computer runs if you do the following:

In the Search area type winver and press Enter.

Is it version 2004 or something else?

Pinaar

You can see on which version of Windows the computer runs if you do the following:

In the Search area type winver and press Enter.

Is it version 2004 or something else?
Yes it is 2004

DR.M

Malware Trainee
OK, it seems that these OneDrive warnings every time you sign in Windows, as well as the account fix warnings, appear to some users using a local account (including me) after the latest upgrade (v.2004).

What solved the problem for me was signing in with a Microsoft account instead of a local account. Until a new update solves this, I will use this method, as entering the OneDrive password every time I sign in is annoying indeed.

You can try it too and see if it works for you.

Pinaar

OK, it seems that these OneDrive warnings every time you sign in Windows, as well as the account fix warnings, appear to some users using a local account (including me) after the latest upgrade (v.2004).

What solved the problem for me was signing in with a Microsoft account instead of a local account. Until a new update solves this, I will use this method, as entering the OneDrive password every time I sign in is annoying indeed.

You can try it too and see if it works for you.
OK thanks, and how do I change the sign-in method ?

DR.M

Malware Trainee
1. Go to Settings (press the Windows icon on the keyboard together with the letter I) and then Accounts.

2. Select Your info from the right pane and then Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically.

local1.jpg

3. Then Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. If you don't have a Microsoft account (e.g. an email ending @outlook.com), you can create one, following the instructions.

local2.jpg

4. Then, restart, sign in OneDrive and it will be the last time you will need to do that. :)

Pinaar

1. Go to Settings (press the Windows icon on the keyboard together with the letter I) and then Accounts.

2. Select Your info from the right pane and then Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically.

View attachment 279101

3. Then Sign in with a Microsoft account instead. If you don't have a Microsoft account (e.g. an email ending @outlook.com), you can create one, following the instructions.

View attachment 279102

4. Then, restart, sign in OneDrive and it will be the last time you will need to do that. :)
When I go into "your info" I don't see the message above I see "sign in with a Microsoft account instead" I am then asked for my current windows sign-in password - I sign into windows with a PIN not password and it doesn't accept the PIN so what is my password ? I have no idea.

DR.M

Malware Trainee
It's OK not to see the first image and only see the second one.

You can go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Password

If you see the option Change, it seems you do have a password. If you see the option Add, it seems that you don't have one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online