1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Annoying pauses when launching

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by NIKEZ, Jan 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

So I turn on the computer and everything is fine. Hours later, I start getting these annoying long pauses when I'm launching a program or such. For example, I would be using Ventrilo when I'm launching a game. After I double-click on the game, everything would pause for like 10 seconds; even the people talking in Ventilo would cease. After, the screen goes black for about 20 seconds, then the game would launch and everything resumes; the conversation in Ventrilo would pick up exactly where it left off as well. It doesn't just pause when launching games, but these annoying pauses also goes for when I minimize or maximize programs that shouldn't take long. It even pauses when windows asks me if I'm sure I want to run things. Even when I hit alt, control, and delete too. The only fix for this is restarting the PC, which is temporarily. What do you guys think? Any solutions?

Specs:
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit
    Sapphire HD5870 1GB
    AMD Phenom II X6 Black Edition
    8GB DDR3 RAM
    ASRock M3A770DE Motherboard

2. Megabite

Megabite

and you say this problem doesn't happen until the PC has been on for awhile?

3. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

Yes sir.

4. Megabite

Megabite

Try this

Download and install hwmonitor
    and see what the temps etc are. Download the 1.17 setup, english on the righthand side.
    ....take a reading when not running the game or programs CPU(core) and GPU Video card and post them. (Just a screenshot of results is fine)

Then run the game or any other intensive program for 10min or so and take another reading post the results

5. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

This is at startup.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      89.1 KB
      Views:
  6. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

Give me a sec to post the other one

7. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

This is ten minutes after gaming.

Attached Files:

• 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      84.3 KB
      Views:
  8. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Try posting another Pic or two after you've had your machine on for at least One Hour and then 2 Hours.

10 Minutes is not much time to see if it is a overheating problem.

Good luck
    Ray

9. NIKEZ

NIKEZ Thread Starter

5 and a half hours since the PC's been on. Just got off from a 30-minute gaming session.

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      82.4 KB
      Views:
  10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/972973

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice