1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Annoying Pop-up Window

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jth017, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jth017

jth017 Thread Starter

I'm not sure why my computer does this, but for some reason a window keeps popping up randomly. It's a My Computer type of window titled "System32". It pops up when I start the computer, when I'm talking online, browsing the internet, or even when I'm not using the computer at all. I can't figure out how to make it stop. I'm using a Toshiba laptop and running Windows XP Home Edition.

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

Does it give an error message or say anything else.

3. jth017

jth017 Thread Starter

Nope...no error message, nothing. ill just be doing something and the window pops up with hundreds of files and folders inside of it. the exact window that pops up is C:\WINDOWS\system32 no matter if i close the window, or minimize it it will pop up again in a few minutes

4. rude

rude

5. jth017

jth017 Thread Starter

thanks for the article rude, but no luck Im not skilled when it comes to the registry and to be honest i had no clue what i was looking for i tried though, and looked for what the article said for almost an hour i cant find the problem still, maybe you can understand the article better and help me out? it would really be appreciated!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice