Annoying windows error message

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Phillip2167

this error message is getting on my last nerve :mad: i have power dvd 5 installed on my computer,when i insert a dvd in my dvd drive this message pops up. i cant get rid of it. no matter how many times i reinsert a dvd it pops up every time :mad: power dvd plays the disc without any trouble. but this error message is getting me angry :mad:

here is the error message... Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item...

how can i turn off this message,so that power dvd can play my dvd without clicking on OK to get rid of the message.my os is win me

telecom69

Gone but never forgotten
It may be something to do with the way you got power DVD installed on your computer, was it installed from a disk? do the DVD'S play ok in windows media player?

Hulk701

Banned
Phillip2167 said:
this error message is getting on my last nerve :mad: i have power dvd 5 installed on my computer,when i insert a dvd in my dvd drive this message pops up. i cant get rid of it. no matter how many times i reinsert a dvd it pops up every time :mad: power dvd plays the disc without any trouble. but this error message is getting me angry :mad:

here is the error message... Windows cannot access the specified device,path or file. you may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item...

how can i turn off this message,so that power dvd can play my dvd without clicking on OK to get rid of the message.my os is win me
Do you have a registry cleaner?

Something like McAfee?

It may be because a previous installation isn't completely uninstalled.

Good luck,

Hulk!

Phillip2167

in reply to Telecom69 i installed it [power dvd 5] from an 'oem' disc. i originally thought is was the windows media player trying to play the dvd, but i unchecked all in the file types tab & i still get the same message.

in reply to hulk701 no:( i do not have registry cleaner or mcafee. i just recently did a clean install because i added a new hd 2 cd-rw drives and a more modern agp card. so there was no previouse version installed when i installed power dvd 5.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts