1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Anonymous laptop

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by the_tall_guy, Dec 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the_tall_guy

the_tall_guy Thread Starter

Hi, and thanks for any advice you can offer.

The aim is to be able to access different betting accounts on the same website without the website concerned being aware that they are all being accessed from the same laptop. It's nothing dubious, just betting accounts that will be 'linked' by the bookmakers concerned if the IP address or otherwise is the same on both accounts. This can lead to problems with the accounts BOTH being limited or even closed should EITHER one of them turn a profit (my friends sometimes want to use my laptop for their own bets).

I am aware of IP addresses & can counter the different accounts being accessed from the same IP by simply turning my router on and off prior to each different account visit.

My query is:

(1) What are the other ways of identifying the laptop's 'identity'? - I have read cookies & also System scans (upon account registration - covered in their T&C's) could identify my laptop to the different accounts...is this true? And are there any other ways the laptop/pc could be identified?

&

(2) What can be done to stop/limit the websites being able to identify the hardware being used, & not link the different accounts accessed from the same laptop/pc? - I have briefly read about proxy servers, do these disguise both the IP AND laptop identity, or is there anything I can do to 'turn off' the computer giving out any information to identify it?

Many thanks,
    Andy :)

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Since your question involves circumventing restrictions put in place by a website we cannot assist you with your query. While it may or may not be illegal, it would be a violation of those website's terms of use. Therefore I am closing the thread.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1030512

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice