Anonymous Logon

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

CEH81

I was going through my event viewer, looking for something, to see if I could find a certain error code, and I accidentally clicked on.. My security tab.

I saw this.

Event Type: Success Audit
Event Source: Security
Event Category: Logon/Logoff
Event ID: 540
Date: 7/5/2005
Time: 6:36:17 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON
Computer: [Computer Name Removed](I removed this for posting)
Description:
Successful Network Logon:
User Name:
Domain:
Logon ID: (0x0,0x16D3E)
Logon Type: 3
Logon Process: NtLmSsp
Authentication Package: NTLM
Workstation Name:
Logon GUID: {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Now it's there quite a few times, and seemingly only when I log on. (I share this computer with a few others)

I also am labled on the computer interface as HP_Owner, instead of the name I had chosen for my desktop (I think I set myself up as total admin when I got this new computer)

Now does anyone have -any- clue what so ever as to why I'm getting the whole anonymous logon thing?

I'm running on XP with SP2 installed on it (Came that way) All of my updates are..well up to date..

I'm running AVG virusprotection (The free one)

And Zone Alarm.

I don't know if this has happened before the 3rd of July as my log isn't going back that far, but it does show up on the logs for the 3rd.

I'm just worried, this is a new computer,I don't want to ruin it, I have a black thumb with computers I think, though I'm learning.

Thanks in advance guys.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online