1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

anonymous smtp

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by number, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. number

number Thread Starter

hi,

I'd like to know if there are any available smtp in order to receive and send anonymous email, I don't want to give my email all over the net, just to those who I trust.
    I tried http://anonymprom.com/signup_mail.htm
    but the smtp and pop3 that they give, do not work in outlook.
    any ideas?
    thanks

2. Guyzer

Guyzer

First Name:
    Guy
    Why not set up a hotmail account?

3. number

number Thread Starter

because in the header it would still be possible to see everything about my pc and IP...

4. BillC

BillC

Can you get something here to work for you?

5. number

number Thread Starter

Well, no I didn't find anything useful there, I don't need remailers, I want to use my own email client but use a different smtp for outgoing email, and this smtp should be anoymous.
    I've found this utility: http://www.softheap.com/emlsec.html called email security and it seems to work, but now the problem is that by bypassing my ISP and sending email directly, these emails are read like spam by their own ISP.
    Now, the big issue is this: is there any smtp that I can use in my email client, so that I can bypass my ISP but still not to have the email I send, read like spam?

6. BillC

BillC

I believe it is more a function of the recipient's ISP as to what is deemed spam. Factors include multiple addressees, subject line, senders return address, etc. and I'm not aware of a way of changing that. On the other hand, your recipients could put you on their 'white' list and the mail would get through. Not much help, huh? :eek:

7. number

number Thread Starter

I know but in my case I am sending 1 message to one person, no multiple addresses, no spam, and I still didn't understand if it exists an smtp server that I can put in my mail client in order not to send my IP and PC name over the internet....
    Does it exist something like that??

8. number

number Thread Starter

It is strange, I've been looking all over the internet but I haven't found anything, not even to buy....

9. number

number Thread Starter

Actually I found the solution on usning telnet to port 25 and connecting with one free
    smtp server like ingleby.com but for some reason I always get this message: my IP is not permitted to relay through this server. Pheraphs you have not logged into the pop/imap server in the last 30 minutes or do not have SMTP authentication turned on in your email client.
    What does it mean? Does anyone know how to solve this problem?
    thank you!

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/272731

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice