1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another BSOD story, tried everything I know of....help!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Super_Saiyan, Jan 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Super_Saiyan

Super_Saiyan Thread Starter

Well ok, I have been in the BSOD mode for awhile and it goes so fast I cant read it but it finally froze and I took a pic. It does it everytime I watch youtube, the video is choppy then freezes, flashes a few times then I get the BSOD and it restarts. It does it sometimes when I use fusion media player or i open a folder that loads alot of thumbnails for videos. I tried everything, I had Mcafee security suite, thought it wasn't good enough and got AVG 9.0 and ran scans, got registry repair wizard 09 and Driver Genius Professional Edition and updated the 24 drivers it told me too cause it seems like a driver problem cause this popped up out of nowhere and updated my codecs from www.xpcodecpack.com. I usually can solve these situations but I am at a lost, thanks for any kind of help my system info is in my signature.

Attached Files:

• bsod.JPG
      bsod.JPG
      File size:
      154.6 KB
      Views:
  2. lunarlander

lunarlander

According to this site: http://www.faultwire.com/file_report/watchdog.sys.html
    It says that watchdog.sys monitors your video driver. Your BSOD screen mentioned watchdog.sys.

Go to your video card manufacturer site, download and install the latest driver for your card.

Also you can go to Adobe.com and update your Flash.

3. Super_Saiyan

Super_Saiyan Thread Starter

Did both of those but thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/975925

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice