1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another Case of 'Not a Valid Win32 Application'

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by MM2K7, Feb 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MM2K7

MM2K7 Thread Starter

I've been hit by what seems to be a very nasty worm and I'm having a nightmare of a time to get rid of it. It started with the computer rebooting randomly now my Nod32 antivirus software fails to run and gives me 'Not a valid win32 application' I managed to do a scan with XoftSpySe which finds a 'Bagel IX Worm' and made it delete it but doesn't appear to be gone at all.

I have NO WAY of accessing Hijackthis for a log. When I go to run ComboFix with it renamed, the blue screen shows up but then get a 'Access Violation in module ntdll.dll' Smitfraudfix works and doesn't suspect anything malicious.

I did do a Kaspersky Online Scan that found I was infected with Win32.Sdbot.cap & Win32.Pakes in the Windows folder. As it goes that's all I've done so far. I was considering doing a System restore to see if that'd rectify anything. I'm very close to reformatting but before I do I thought I'd get a second opinion in case there's something that can be done to clear this up.

Please advise me on what next steps I should take.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681737

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice