1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another coffee spill.......what next?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jfriedlund, Aug 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfriedlund

jfriedlund Thread Starter

A friend gave me her HP Pavilion dv6-6c35dx Entertainment PC after she happened to spill a small amount of coffee on the keyboard. I'm not sure what steps she took but it will not display anything on the screen now.

Since it was only 6 months old she sent it to HP and they notified her that liquid spills were not covered so she asked them to return it.

When you power up, the lights come on the keypad, the power light is showing, the hard drive light is lit and you can hear it loading windows (at least I think). I've taken everything out, and put back together but there is still nothing displaying on the screen.

My question is how do I know if it's a keyboard issue, video card issue, motherboard issue, combination or more?

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    When you spill something in a computer a lot of damage can be caused.Even a small amount of liquid can damage the motherboard.I think it should be taken somewhere to see what was damaged and how bad and if its even worth fixing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064960

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice