Another Error -1607

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MPeg3

I have now installed Win XP Pro w/SP2 for the 4th time this week to my grandchildren's computer. This time, when I try to install MS Office, (XP w/SP2 is all that is installed at this point) I am getting the following error msg.

Error -1607: Unable to Install InstallShield Scripting Run Time

After doing a search here, I found the following web pages:

http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108340
http://consumer.installshield.com/kb.asp?id=Q108158

I followed step by step everything they said to do.

1. I checked to be sure Show hidden files and folder was checked.
2. I then tried to delete the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver , but after opening Common Files There was no InstallShield folder.

I then found a note saying "In some instances this directory doesn't appear on Windows XP machines. Follow these steps to view the folder:

I went to View> Toolbars and selected Address Bar and saw that there was a check by it. I then typed in

C:\WINDOWS\Installer as instructed. Nothing!

I then did a search of the entire hard drive for install*. Nothing!

Do I need to format and install yet again? Is it just me, or does everyone have these problems?

Thanks for any help.
Peg

MPeg3

To fix this, I had to boot from my XP CD then when it came up, I clicked to repair my XP. Took quite a bit of time, but fixed my problem. I then had to reinstall SP2 as well.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online