another excel query

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hermes

Hi

After my last problem was generously sorted out I came up with another.

Would it be possible to record a macro or use some vb to check my active worksheet for a defined condition (in this case, text that is coloured red) and display a message box telling me I have tasks still incomplete (as indicated by the red font).

All clues welcome

hermes

Hi Dreamboat

i tried out:

If ActiveWindow.ActiveSheet.Range ("A1:A100").Value = "xxxxxx"

This doesn't work. But i'm sure i'm close to it. I tried taking out ActiveWindow and a few other tweaks, but no joy.

Should I try this one in programming, nobody seems to want to jump in?

M

MadDogMugsy

lol - may not be joing in, but have definately subscribed to this thread ... very interesting;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online