Another Formatting problem with Windows XP!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Murdoc2k

Thread Starter
Joined
Sep 10, 2003
Messages
75
Hi,

I have tried to reformat my computer using windows XP and when I tried it says "Partition" not found. How is this possible??
I'm sorta like a noob so can someone please tell me what to do? :rolleyes:
 
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
16,274
All you have to do is reboot with the xp cd in the drive and select install. During the installation you will come to the partition screen where you can delete any/all partitions and format a new one for the install..
 

Murdoc2k

Thread Starter
Joined
Sep 10, 2003
Messages
75
Originally posted by motherboard:
All you have to do is reboot with the xp cd in the drive and select install. During the installation you will come to the partition screen where you can delete any/all partitions and format a new one for the install..
problem is.... when I go into that window it says "Partition not found" lol
 
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
16,274
Ok , will it let you create a parttion with the unpartitioned space ?
 

Murdoc2k

Thread Starter
Joined
Sep 10, 2003
Messages
75
Originally posted by motherboard:
Ok , will it let you create a parttion with the unpartitioned space ?
haven't tried it but I don't see the point of creating a new one
 
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
16,274
Ok ..windows doesn't see any partition only unpartitioned space. you have to create a partition to install the operating system on so you will have to create one. Don't you agree ?
 

Murdoc2k

Thread Starter
Joined
Sep 10, 2003
Messages
75
Originally posted by motherboard:
Ok ..windows doesn't see any partition only unpartitioned space. you have to create a partition to install the operating system on so you will have to create one. Don't you agree ?
but what about the other files b4?

cause won't those useless files take up more space? :rolleyes:
 
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
16,274
To format the drive erases the data from your hard drive leaving it in a clean state .
 

Murdoc2k

Thread Starter
Joined
Sep 10, 2003
Messages
75
Originally posted by motherboard:
To format the drive erases the data from your hard drive leaving it in a clean state .

yes... but if I create another partition... and place files in it... what happends to the "partition" wit files that existed b4? :rolleyes:
 
Joined
Feb 23, 2003
Messages
16,274
You must have deleted the partition some how for there to be none.
 
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

Top