1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

another freezing issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by psion128, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. psion128

psion128 Thread Starter

Okay. I know this topic has been used so many times in this forum. I've never had this issue until now.

Recently I had to replace my PSU and that fixed the problem. Now I also did a full reinstall after backing up all my personal info. Now since I did this and reinstalled all my utilities and games, my computer is now having random freezes.
    The computer will freeze and any inputs after that, it will catch up after it unfreezes. So this makes it really bad for online gaming.

Currently running:
    550w Antec PSU
    Asus A8N-SLI Premium
    1GB x2 Corsair XMS
    300GB Seagate
    200GB Seagate
    EVGA 7600 GT Nvidia x2
    Soundblaster Live! 24bit
    Not OCing anything at this time.
    Some suggestions on where to begin would be nice. Thanks for the help.

2. natcom

natcom

3. psion128

psion128 Thread Starter

Yup. I've gotten the latest drivers and the my cpu was over 50 celcius but I fixed that. Its sitting at around 37 celcius now. I'll check that link out also to see how my RAM is. Thx.

4. psion128

psion128 Thread Starter

I fixed it. For some reason my mobo likes one of the cards to be the primary card (in the first PCI-E) slot. So I swapped and boom, no more freezing or lag spikes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643576

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice