1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Another Frozen Mouse Syndrome!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jungle Jim, Sep 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jungle Jim

Jungle Jim Thread Starter

We've been having intermittent freezing problems with our Mouse for the last 6 months and it's really starting to bug me.

We're an AMD Athlon 3000/ Nvidia Graphics PC running XP using Microsoft 3000 Wired Mouse.

For no apparent reason the Mouse double click actions become inoperative. The only get around (which appears to reset the mouse) is Ctrl Alt Delete then close the Task Manager WIndow by pressing Esc key - thereafter double clicks work again for a few selections but then inevitably stop.
    It's still possible to make selections with the arrow and return keys, but patience runs thin after a while. I have also tried slowing/accelerating the click speeds to no avail.

This normally occurs after the machine has been running for a while - it doesn't start up with the problem - which made me wonder if it's a heat problem on the processor? I've checked the BIOS but everything seems to be within tolerance. I very much doubt if it's a Mouse hardware issue - some outside agent seem to be making this happen.:confused:

2. Dash-X

Dash-X

Did you try using another mouse?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/858646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice